The following papers have been published arising from research carried out by our AHA project:
- J. Luna, R. Treacy, T. Hasegawa, A. Campbell and E. Mangina, “Words Worth Learning – Augmented Literacy Content for ADHD Students,” 2018 IEEE Games, Entertainment, Media Conference (GEM), Galway, 2018, pp. 1-9. DOI: 10.1109/GEM.2018.8516483
- E. Mangina, G. Chiazzese, A. Chifari, G. Merlo, C. Tosto, R. Treacy, T. Hasegawa, “AHA-A pilot project for evaluating the effect of Augmented Reality in the reading and spelling skills for Children with ADHD: Parent and Teacher GUIDE”, University College Dublin, Ireland, September 2018. ISBN: 978-1-910963-25-8.
- E. Mangina, G. Chiazzese, T. Hasegawa, “AHA: ADHD Augmented (Learning Environment).” In 2018 IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment, and Learning for Engineering (TALE), pp. 774-777. IEEE, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TALE.2018.8615222
- Chiazzese G., Mangina E., Chifari A., Merlo G., Treacy R., Tosto C. “The AHA Project: An Evidence-Based Augmented Reality Intervention for the Improvement of Reading and Spelling Skills in Children with ADHD.” In: Gentile M., Allegra M., Söbke H. (eds) Games and Learning Alliance. GALA 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11385. Springer, Cham. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-11548-7_44
The following papers have been accepted from research carried out by our AHA project:
- Chiazzese G., Merlo G., Mangina E., Treacy R., Tosto C., Chifari A (2019). Monitoring the English reading and spelling skills and off task behavior of children with ADHD using the AHA Augmented Reality System: A pilot project. 17-19 June 2019, Leiden, Netherland [In press].
- Chiazzese G., Mangina E., Tosto C., Treacy R., Chifari A. and Merlo G. Supportare il Processo di Letto-scrittura con la Realtà Aumentata in Bambini con ADHD: Il Progetto AHA DIDAMATiCA 2019 Reggio Calabria, 16-17 maggio 2019. [In press].
The following papers have been submitted and currently under the review from the research carried out by the AHA project:
- Tosto C., Hasegawa T., Mangina E., Chifari A., Treacy R., Merlo G., Chiazzese G. Exploring the Effect of Augmented Reality for Students Diagnosed with ADHD during Reading and Spelling Activities, Virtual Reality
- Tosto C., Chiazzese G., Mangina E., Treacy R., Hasegawa T., Zahid Iqbal M., Merlo G, Chifari A. (2019) “AHA – AdHd Augmented” Incidental findings: Educational Application and Participants’ Characteristics. Edulearn 2019, Palma de Mallorca (Spain) 1-3 July, 2019
- Chifari A., Treacy R., Chiazzese G., Mangina E., Tosto C. Merlo G. (2019) , The AHA project: Augmented Reality and training of reading and spelling skills in children with ADHD, AIDAI XII Italian Congress on ADHD, Palermo 9-10 May 2019, Palermo Italy
The following outreach events and activities have been carried out by our AHA project:
- Ken Kilbride was interviewed by Near FM 90.3 about teaching and managing children and young persons with ADHD on 19 February 2018.
- Eleni Mangina and Abraham Campbell gave a presentation in healthcare at National Maternity Hospital on 21 March 2018.
- AHA project organized an Information Evening in UCD on 18 April 2018.
- AHA project released a radio ad on Today FM on 30 April 2018.
- PHD Ireland ran digital campaign for AHA on Facebook between 9 and 17May 2018.
- AHA project webinar for WWL and AR pilot groups to facilitate training for AHA system usage (08/10/2018) – Web link: https://youtu.be/yBAxbn1LrNU
- Eleni Mangina submitted an application for the ISSA membership in May 2018, approved in June 2018.
- Rita Treacy’s book “Dyslexia Unravelled” was reviewed by the National Council for Guidance in Education on the Newsletter Issue 49, Spring 2018.
- Rita Treacy gave a presentation on a “WWL Project in Schools” at the National Education & Training Skills Summit event in City West Dublin on 14th March 2018.
- Rita Treacy gave a presentation on “WWL Project in Prisons” at the Irish Prison Education Association (IPEA) conference in Portlaoise, Ireland, on the 14th April 2018.
- Eleni Mangina and Rita Treacy gave a presentation about AHA project on the UCD Access Symposium on 31 May 2018, http://www.ucd.ie/all/
- Eleni Mangina, Michael Healy, Abraham Campbell, Julie LeMoine, Domenical Zungri, Paul Sweeney and Darya Yegorina organized a Panel Discussion “Immersive Education: Augmenting the Learning Experience” on the IEEE Games, Entertainment and Media (GEM) 2018 conference in National University Galway, Ireland on 15-17 August 2018.
- AHA project has been nominated for the Auggie Awards at AWE Europe and shortlisted in the top 20 finalists for the Breakthrough Auggie Awards. Eleni Mangina (UCD) and Rita Treacy (WWL) attended the event in Munich for a day, https://www.auggieaward.com/en/challenge/breakthrough-auggie-awards
- Giuseppe Chiazzese (CNR), Antonella Chifari (CNR), Gianluca Merlo (CNR) and Crispino Tosto (CNR) participated at the Esperienza Insegna 2019 (http://www.esperienzainsegna.
it/#) with an exhibit entitled: An Augmented Reality system for primary school to support English reading and spelling processes. Esperienza Insegna 2019 is a wide-ranging scientific event, built around annual themes and organized by the association PALERMOSCIENZA (http://www.palermoscienza.it). It stems from the idea that the transmission of knowledge takes place in order to leave a sign on the visitors, through scientific dissemination activities aimed at the city, schools and institutions. Some numbers of this years until today: 84 schools, 850 students, 260 exhibits, 310 teachers, 138 expositors, 70 laboratories, 18 conferences, 10 shows [link to the brochure].
- Rita Treacy gave a presentation “An Introduction to WordsWorth Learning and the AHA ADHD Project” on the NEPS Training Day for Literacy Resources event on 25 March 2019.
- Chifari A., Treacy R., Chiazzese G., Mangina E., Tosto C., Merlo G. “Il progetto AHA: Realtà Aumentata e promozione delle abilità di letto-scrittura e dell’engagement in bambini con ADHD”. XII CONGRESSO NAZIONALE AIDAI-AIRIPA “ADHD E MINDFULNESS” 9-10 May; Palermo Italy. [Poster Presentation]
- Eleni Mangina will give a presentation “AHA: AdHD Augmented and further work in Europe” on the networking seminar on augmented reality use in education in Tallinn, Estonia on 9 May, 2019. [Invited Talk]
- Eleni Mangina will give a presentation “Challenges of sustainability of AHA project” on the 15th Scientix Projects Networking Event on Sustainability of projects on 24 May,2019. [Invited Talk]